|Principal - Jo-ey Wong | firstname.lastname@example.org|
This Saturday, Boston Culture Center will celebrate upcoming Lunar New Year with live demonstration of Chinese calligraphy couplet writing, and traditional arts and crafts activities. Their works may handed out to attending guests for free, with limited availability. Center also provide all the supply for you to write your own. Boston culture center address is 90 Lincoln St. Newton Highlands, MA 02461.
Upcoming Sunday is our annual event of “Lunar New Year Market”, as part of our culture class offering. New addition this year is “Adopt-a-Plant”, where our Honorary Advisor, Ms. Mei-Ying Lin, will donate plants she grew for sale. All proceeds go to LCS PTO.
Call for volunteers. Every year, LCS needs new blood for staff, teachers, and parent representatives to inject fresh energies to our school, and next year is no exception. Please contact me or any current LCS volunteers if you are interested. Thanks!
|V-Principal - Poyu Chen | email@example.com|
Lunar New Year is on January 25th, 2020 and LCS will celebrate Lunar New Year on January 26th 2020. Please join us to have a fun afternoon.
The preparation for Lunar New Year celebration will start soon. Please let the parent representatives know if you can help out.
|Director of Teaching - Yue Long | firstname.lastname@example.org|
1. SAT II Chinese Mock Test will be held during the regular class time at school on March 8, 2020. All G9 students will take the test mandatorily. G7 or G8 also can sign up this test. Please pay $8 for the registration fees by Jan. 26 and write the check paid to LCS.
|Director of Kindergarten - Christine Yu | email@example.com|
1. This Sunday, January 12, all kindergarten classes will participate in the Chinese Culture event celebrating the arrival of Chinese New Year, 「年貨大街」(The Chinese New Year's Street Market).
2. No school next Sunday, January 19, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
3. On January 26, we will celebrate the Lunar/Chinese New Year of the Rat at the school! All students and teachers in the Bilingual Program have been hard at work preparing and rehearsing their acts for the Chinese New Year Celebration’s Performance. Mark your calendar! Stay tuned for more upcoming information about the event.Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers
Ingredients: Unbleached Enriched Flour, Soybean Oil Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Sea Salt, Salt, Malted Barley Flour, Baking Soda, Yeast.
|Director of Bilingual Program - Huey S. Chan | firstname.lastname@example.org|
1. This Sunday, January 12, all bilingual kindergarten classes (BPK1, BPK2, BK1, BK2, BK3) will participate in the Chinese Culture event celebrating the arrival of Chinese New Year, 「年貨大街」(The Chinese New Year's Street Market).
The front hallway of the school will be decorated into a bustling street market with stalls and vendors selling festive Chinese New Year items, and also teaching stations with traditional arts and crafts activities. 2:00-2:50pm, teachers will bring their students to visit the market where they can experience the festivities.
Parents are welcome to join the fun! Come shop for the new year festive items - plants, food and snack, ornaments, traditional clothes, and more.
In the second period (3:10-4:00pm) bilingual kindergarten classes will be watching an interactive skit/play about the origin of the lunar new year or the Legend of Nian 《年獸來了！》in Little Theater.
Students are encouraged to come join the festivities in traditional clothes for Lunar/Chinese New Year.
Due to the tight schedule, we ask kindergarten students to arrive in their classrooms by 1:45pm. We appreciate your coorperation.
2. This Sunday, B3 Chinese Culture Class, 2nd period (3:10pm) will be watching the Legend of Monster Nian 《年獸來了！》play in Little Theater.
3. No school next Sunday, January 19, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
4. On January 26, we will celebrate the Lunar/Chinese New Year of the Rat at the school! All students and teachers in the Bilingual Program have been hard at work preparing and rehearsing their acts for the Chinese New Year Celebration’s Performance. Mark your calendar! Stay tuned for more upcoming information about the event!
|Director of Extracurricular Activity Program - Chi-Wang Lin | email@example.com|
The fencing class this coming Sunday will be the final one instructed by Ms. Lina Ma. A new instructor will be assigned by the Moe Fencing Club upon confirmation, and everything else including the 4-5 pm class time remains unchanged. We apologize for any inconvenience of this change that may have been brought to the enrolling students and their families.
We will have two substitute teachers for the table tennis classes this Sunday: Mr. Chuang (1-2 pm) and Mr. Zhang (4-5 pm).
|Director of Library - Bobby Lu | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Librarian will support Chinese new year event this week. No service on Jan 12. Thank you.
|Parent Representative | email@example.com|
1. Please come to cafeteria to pick your Formosa order!
2. Come join us for dinner in the cafeteria after Chinese New Year celebration on Jan 26. You can have your choice of the buffet supplied by Mulan, Waltham or you can pre-order a bento box from Cheers Cut, Allston. We will be selling 3 types of bento : Ninja Chicken Nuggets Combo, Grill Beef Combo, and Stir Fried Mix Vegetable Combo. We accept check or cash for pre order. The deadline to order is 1/18/2020. Thanks!
3. Please stop by our table and enjoy the Chinese New Year Marketplace. We will be offering various items for sale including Taiwanese sausages, sweet rice cakes, zong zi (with peanuts), red envelopes etc.. this Sunday.
4. Tzu Chi will come to school this weekend to fund raise for people who are in need.
|Executive Secretary - Hsin-Pei Shih | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Please note that secretary will not change the scheduled duty dates due to personal reasons. If you cannot fulfill you parent duty on your scheduled dates, please work with other parents to exchange.
On your parent duty day, please report to the Executive Secretary in the cafeteria by 1:55pm to get your assignment in order to facilitate arranging duties.
If your family signed up for single week parent duty, both parents need to undertake the duties. If your family signed up for bi-weekly duty schedule, only one of the parents needs to do the parent duty in each week.
1/12/2020, 1/26/2020 Parent Duty List
If your address or phone number has changed, please contact Waipeng Lee, the Director of Registration by email at email@example.com
|Webmaster - James Lin | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Please continue to shop online at Amazon through the LCS website. Amazon will donate a portion of the total sales to LCS. Every single purchase counts regardless the price.
There are two ways you can help LCS to raise funds when you shop online at Amazon.
1. Amazon Smile
2. Amazon Advertising
Please contact email@example.com if you have any question. Thank you for supporting LCS.
Lexington Chinese School does not discriminate
based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected group.
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org